Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

July Favourites 2014


As if we're almost in the eighth month already! July is my birthmonth so I've been lucky enough to pick up lots of lovely new bits. Here are a few of my favourites!

1. Dove Summer Glow Lotion, £4.99 (half price at £2.49 in Boots at the moment!) - My mum has used this product for years and I can see why. I'm naturally very pale and this lotion gives me a subtle tan that I can build up as much as I want, both my mum and I have received plenty compliments with this! The initial smell is very nice but I must admit that the classic fake tan smell does kick in after a few hours. Even so, it's not a very strong scent. Perfect if you're just starting out on fake tan or want more of a sunkissed look.
2. Bare Minerals BB Primer, £23 - The light shade in this product is slightly darker than my natural skin tone, meaning it suits me for the Summer months just fine. It has a light coverage and creamy consistency but is not too heavy at all. This can be worn on its own too which would be very well-suited for a more natural look.
3. Maybelline Acid Wash Top Coat, £3.99 - I purchased this after seeing it on www.thenailasaurus.com and I was not disappointed at all. It gives the effect of a top splatter and will jazz up any nail colour.
4. Strawberries & Cream Body Spritzer, £2.99 - I often find strawberry scents fake and overpowering but this one is just right for me. I decided to buy this when one of my friends showed it me as I think it's such a pretty scent. Such a bargain too!
5. St. Ives Blemish-Fighting Facial Scrub, £4.29 - Having heard plenty good things about the St Ives scrubs, I decided to buy one before my St Ives holiday this year. This is by far the best scrub I've used, it is made up of natural exfoliants and I love how dense the mixture is. You don't need to use much of the product for it to work really well. I use this everyday as I'm used to exfoliating this often and this product has done great things for my skin.
6. Little Black Dress Perfume, £13 (half price at £6.50 at the moment) - After using my mum's for months she bought me one for my birthday this year. I'm no perfume expert but it is described as 'oriental and floral' and basically it smells nice! To me this is more of an evening perfume but I use a small amount most days anyway. I have received some lovely compliments whilst wearing this before. A good buy for the nights out as we head into Autumn.
7. Daisy Necklace, £3 (silver chain version not found) - This necklace is very understated but still very pretty and Summery. It goes with many of my Summer outfits and I love throwing it on to add to my look. A must-have at this low price!
8. Urban Decay Naked Palette, £37 - I was very lucky to get this for my birthday after having wanted it for months and months. I chose this over the newer Naked palettes as I preferred the darker colours. This came in gorgeous packaging along with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer samples which have lasted me a very long time considering their small size. I can't fault these eyeshadows in any way, you can definitely tell the high quality. My current favourite colour combination is 'Virgin', 'Toasted', 'Hustle' and 'Sidecar'. Expensive, but definitely worth saving up for.

Have you tried any of these products? What are your July favourites?

Thank you for reading, here's to a good August! Tasha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment