Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Review

I decided to buy this mascara when I saw it labelled as the top mascara (above some much more expensive products) in a magazine article. I'm someone who will apply multiple layers of mascara even if I'm just popping out to the shop, so I'm always looking out for a product with great volume. I bought the non-waterproof version as I always find they work fine for me.
The first thing I noticed when I opened this product was the size of the brush - it's huge as far as mascaras go. There was also a very high amount of product on the brush but that's something I usually find with new Maybelline mascaras, and after a couple weeks' use the amount of product tends to be more easy to work with. Whilst the size of the brush does ensure that a lot of the lashes are covered, it does make it difficult to keep the mascara to lashes only - it gets all over my eyelid and waterline no matter how careful I am. The size of the brush also means I 
can't get to the roots of my lashes.
The packaging talks about the 'extreme double pump wand' and I can't imagine this does much more than lets the brush take up more product, which could come in useful when it's starting to run out.
So, here are the results.
It's definitely a volume mascara, and I found it very easy to build up (easier than Benefit's They're Real actually). The three coats result was a lot better than some other mascaras I've tried, and even though I will have to use a different mascara for my roots, I'm impressed with this mascara overall. I use the tip of the brush to apply the mascara to my lower lashes. I have noticed a small amount of flaking when I've had it on for a long time but this is probably because I wear so many coats (5+). Apart from that, it doesn't wear off at all. As it is so easy to build up it doesn't take me too long to apply which is perfect for when I'm in a rush. I expect that after I have used more of the product up it will be a lot easier to apply  and at just £6.99 I will definitely be repurchasing. I would give it an 8/10.
This mascara is available from many drugstores and supermarkets and the link to buy it from Boots is here.

Have you tried Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme mascara? What other mascaras would you recommend for volume?

Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

2 comments: