Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

A Pleasant Surprise


I may have gone slightly overboard with the highstreet shopping recently (after having not going for almost a month I've now gone three days in a row) and I've noticed there are a lot of sales on recently, with many stores starting to transition over to their A/W stock. I'm not the best at sale shopping as I usually find it far too busy for my liking, but there is one sale which did impress: Matalan. Now, I must admit I usually think of Matalan as a more 'mumsie' shop (probably just because my mum likes it there) but after having a look around today, my opinion has definitely changed.

If you have a look at the items pictured you might estimate them to cost maybe £30-£40, but I picked up these four items for just £12 in total! I plan on using the bag for college as it's certainly very spacious, and at just £5, I could hardly resist. The pastel colour will compliment a lot of my outfits, and I love the floral print. There were other similar bags available too, so even if this one isn't for you, it's worth a browse. I had been looking for a monochrome flannel-type shirt to wear as a jacket rather than an actual shirt and this one fits it for me. It has the softer material which I was looking for, and even though I could only find a size with is 3-4 sizes up for me, it still looks fine tied around the waist or worn as oversized. This was just £4 and there were other designs available too. The glasses case was a pound, and I plan on using it for when I don't have room to cart around my big chunky case around with me. At £2, the bikini top was my favourite buy. It's something I would expect to see somewhere like Topshop rather than Matalan, and I love the vibrant colours. Matching bottoms were also available for around £1.50.

I found the general layout of the sale very good as it was split into sections and was well-spaced out. About half the shop was made up of sale items, so you're bound to find something. If you don't have a Matalan near you, go to their website and shop by your size and hopefully you'll find a few bits! 

What sales have impressed you? Happy shopping, Tasha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment