Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

My Travel Must-Haves

(the url bottom left is my previous blog name)


Packing always seems to end up last-minute for me, so these are some of my essentials I like to make sure I have for every trip.

1. A toiletry bag. This one is from Primark and has multiple compartments inside which are all waterproofed, making it perfect for shower products and makeup. The compartments are transparent, so it's easy to locate all your items.
2. An eye mask. I like to sleep through long journeys to pass the time and wearing an eye mask makes drifting off much easier. My owl mask is from John Lewis and is lavender scented. 
3. Blister plasters! Whenever I go on holiday I do a ridiculous amount of walking and these things will save you an awful lot of pain. You can find them in most drug stores and pharmacies.
4. Hand sanitizer. Always handy (no pun intended) when you're coming into contact with lots of germy bits. The sanitizer pictured is from The Body Shop and has a gorgeous grapefruit scent, but I prefer to use sanitizers that are anti-bacterial.
5. A hair tie. It can be nice to tie your hair back on a hot day and is very useful if, like me, you have hair that has a habit of getting in the way. This hair tie is part of a Forever 21 set, but similar ones can be purchased in places such as Primark and H&M.
6. A travel mug. They're much more reliable (and prettier) than the disposable cups you get given when you buy a drink. Although these can also be used for cold drinks, reusable water bottles are a more common option if you're visiting a hot place. This ceramic travel mug is from Sainsburys, but Primark sell a wide range of more lightweight plastic ones.
7. A small mirror. Makes makeup on the go a lot easier. I received the mirror pictured as a gift, but these compact mirrors can be found in most shops, especially in travel sections.
8. Earphones. Listening to music on long journeys makes time pass much faster, and just wearing them with no music playing blocks out loud noises from your surroundings, making a much more peaceful travel time. Mine are JVC brand from Comet, but similar ones can be found in HMV.
9. Finally, sunglasses. Only useful for sunny days, but wearing them protects your eyes and helps you avoid that 'sun's-in-my-eyes' squint.

What are some of your travel essentials?

Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment