Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Sleep-Aid


We all have those nights when we just can't sleep even though there's nothing we want more. Here are some of things I've found can really help to end those restless nights.

1. An eye mask. Wearing an eye mask blocks out the light from your surroundings and makes you less likely to open your eyes and see that Twitter notification you know you'll just have to open if you see it. This owl eye mask from John Lewis has lavender within it: a calming aroma that can help you get to sleep.
2. A head massager. This will help you to relax and releases tension. I like to whip my head massager out when I'm feeling stressed, too. I got mine from WHSmith.
3. A... unicorn light projector? This one sounds a bit weird, but this Pillow Pets Dream Lite projects a starry pattern onto the ceiling (or wherever you want it projected) with colour changes, and I've found that watching its 90 second cycle does make me more ready to sleep.
4. Pillow Mist. This is from Avon's Sleeptherapy range, and I've found that although using this can give me odd dreams, the relaxing scent does make me drift off quicker.
5. Sleeping balm. Also from Avon's sleep therapy range, this can be applied on the temples and is more suitable than the spray if you're travelling (I use both together).
6. A good book. It's no secret that it's best to stay away from phone, TV and laptop screens before bed, so reading a book can provide you with your entertainment for the night. The book pictured is Ellen DeGeneres' 'Seriously... I'm Kidding', a very fun read.

Let me know in the comments if you tried any of these out, and share with me your 'sleep-aid' tips!

Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great tips on how to fall asleep on those night when you just can't! The light projector sounds so cool and I never knew this existed!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete