Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Budget Beauty That WORKS!


I do love my high-end beauty but not the price that comes with it! Here are some inexpensive products that, despite the price, always deliver.

1. Fast & Fruity Nail Polish Remover, £1-£2. This is obviously very similar to the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish remover (I did actually spot this cheaper option a while before the Bourjois product was released) and has not disappointed. I find it removes my nail polish very easily and even if it isn't quite as good as the Bourjois product, it's something I will happily continue to use considering the much lower cost. I bought mine from Home Bargains. 
2. Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner, £2.50. This is the only liquid eyeliner I have ever used and I can apply it easily. I can't say much for the brush, as after a couple months' use I have noticed it getting less pointed but this is considering the fact that I use it almost everyday. The product is very good, it doesn't flake at all and won't smudge. If you're looking for a less pricey liquid liner that will do its job, this is definitely one to give a go. You can find it in Superdrug.
3. Natural Collection Blush, £1.99. This matte blush gives my cheeks a healthy glow, I like to use it on my minimal makeup days as it's easy to apply and makes me look 'alive'. The intensity of the colour can be changed with the amount of product, meaning it can be used for a natural look or a more dramatic one. It'll stay put on your cheeks throughout the day so no touch-ups needed! The Natural Collection range can be found in Boots and I use the shade 'Peach Melba', which I apply with an angled brush.
4. MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder, £3. I only recently started using this product as I had been on the hunt for it for a while after Becca Rose recommended it. I struggled to find a brush which applied it well so I resorted to just using my fingertips and blending it afterwards which worked fine. The highlight is more on the pink-toned side than most highlighting products so I have to be careful that I only apply a small amount to the bridge of my nose or it can look like I've put blusher in the wrong place, but for my cheeks and cupid's bow it looks flawless. It won't transfer off easily and stays on my skin all day. Definitely recommend if you want to start using a highlight and/or you are looking for something a bit cheaper.
5. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, £4.19. Slightly pricier than the rest of my budget beauty buys but at this level of performance I'm happy to pay an extra pound or two. I've seen both Zoella and Becca Rose using this product, meaning people with more of a beauty knowledge than me must like it as well! It's very high coverage and I only use it in small amounts to try and make it look more natural. I buy this in Fair from Boots and just apply it with my fingertips then blend with a foundation brush.
6. Mini Kabuki Brush, £2.99. I wouldn't expect high quality beauty products from H&M, especially at such a low price, but this brush is probably my favourite out of all my brushes. The pretty rose gold makes it look much more expensive than just £2.99 and this is genuinely the softest brush I have ever felt. It's advertised to apply blush with but I use this for my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as the thick brush takes up a high amount of product which is perfect for me. Friends have seen me with this and asked where I got it from, proving it's worth buying! This can be purchased from H&M and I definitely plan on trying out some of their other brushes.

What are some of your budget beauty buys? Also let me know if you've tried any of these out!

Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

2 comments: