Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Staying Safe in the Sun


Being very fair-skinned, I have to take extra care to make sure my skin doesn't sizzle in the sun. Here are some things that help me to stay safe in the hot Summer weather.
1. Sunglasses. They stop you having to squint all the time, they protect your eyes and the skin around them, and they're pretty, so what's not to love? Look out for ones which have a UV protection sticker on them, as these are the sunnies that will really shield the sun away.
2. Protecting Lip Balm. This will stop the sun from damaging your lips and is also good to use for other sensitive areas such as your ears and nose. It's only little so it's perfect for sun protection on-the-go. Also, if you keep this in your bag it means that even if you do forget to wear sunscreen, you have a back-up for the easily-damaged areas of your face.
3. SPF Foundation. Many foundations, especially the lighter shades, contain an SPF. This is perfect for me as I prefer to not apply sun cream onto my face as it makes me very oily (I have never suffered sunburn on my face due to my makeup). 
4. A Kimono. This one might be a bit unexpected, but a kimono or a another light cover-up will both keep you cool and protect your skin. I've recently seemed to manage to weave a kimono into every outfit, and it has definitely been a worthy purchase. It keeps my back and arms covered without making me too warm in the hot weather.
5. Sun Cream. A definite must-have, especially if you're known to burn easily. Places people tend to get sunburnt is on the chest, shoulders, and back, so make sure if any of these are exposed, you're not missing them out with your sunscreen application! An SPF of at least 15 is advised and remember to reapply after contact with water.
6. Aftersun (product pictured could not be found). No matter how careful we are, sometimes the sun just catches us out, so do make sure you have an aftersun lotion to hand so your skin can repair ASAP!
(Also, a hat. A hat is a very good idea but unfortunately I don't own a hat for Summer!)

What are some things you do to make sure the sun doesn't get the better of you?

Thank you for reading and I hope you all manage to stay safe this Summer! Tasha xo
Please note I am definitely no expert, these are just the things I have personally found help me to keep my skin safe in the sun!

2 comments:

  1. Great post and all the products you've showed are quite important. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete