Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

My Makeup Brush Collection 2014


I've noticed that the makeup brushes in my daily routine haven't changed much recently, meaning I must be pretty content with my collection at the moment! I thought I'd do a post to share with you what brushes I like to use.
First up is the Bare Minerals Full Flawless Face Brush. It was probably a mistake starting off with my least favourite here but at least that's it out of the way. This brush is especially made for the Bare Minerals Original Foundation, but unfortunately the brush quality doesn't match that of the foundation. It does its job and applies the makeup well, but there is so much fall out it's untrue. After using it I have to go and pick up all the shedded bristles off my face, and having looked at other reviews, I know this isn't just a fault in my brush, it's across the range. Despite this, I do like it for this foundation and will continue to use it. Now onto more positive reviews!
The Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush is a lot finer than the Flawless Face Brush and also a lot better. I use this to apply the Bare Minerals Warmth (which is basically a bronzer) and it works very well and is nice and soft and fluffy. If I'm using Mineral Veil, I will also apply it with this brush.
The last of the Bare Minerals brushes now, the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush. I use this to apply the foundation as a concealer and it works perfectly, very soft and makes an easy application. This can also be used with liquid concealers.
Next is the angled brush which I got as part of a set a few years ago. I imagine the set was from somewhere like Superdrug (I received it as a gift) so I've linked a similar one. This brush doesn't have the softest bristles going, but it does apply my Natural Collection Blush nicely so it's definitely worth a go.
Another brush that I don't have an exact match for (sorry) is the blending brush. This is nice and fluffy and I just use it to soften out the edges of my eyeshadow. 
You might think the Avon Foundation Brush isn't really needed since I use powder foundation, but I like to use this to blend out my Bare Minerals BB Primer and also my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer if I decide to use that for extra coverage.
The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Brush came with my Naked 1 palette and it's been perfect as I'm so used to just applying eyeshadow with just my fingertips and it's much more precise this way. The brush is very soft and I use the thicker side to blend and add shimmery colours on top.
Finally the H&M Mini Kabuki Brush which I've raved about before in my Budget Beauty post. An all-time favourite for its incredible softness and its ability to pick up plenty of product. I use this for my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and it works perfectly with next to no fall out at all.

So that's my little everyday brush collection, I'd love to know what brushes you use if you think there's something I should try out! Thank you for reading, Tasha xo

2 comments:

  1. The brushes in your collection look amazingg!
    Bare mineral brushes look like they are great quality!
    Deffo need to try them :) xx

    Beauté Within | Brittish Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete